Flying Monkeys Receives Ontario Government Funding for Expansion
On December 17, 2014 At 12:00 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Wellington Brewery Announces Queen of Craft 2019 Event SeriesJanuary 22, 2019
- Market Brewing Releases Take Me Back Tropical StoutJanuary 21, 2019
- Abe Erb Brewing Opens Third Location in Ayr, OntarioJanuary 21, 2019
- Left Field Brewery Releases Glorioso Italian PilsnerJanuary 18, 2019
- Henderson Brewing Ides Series Continues with O-Pee-Chee LagerJanuary 18, 2019
BARRIE, ON – Following quickly on recently announced funding packages for several other breweries in the province, Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has become the latest recipient of financial support from the Government of Ontario.
At a press event held today at the Barrie brewery, MPP Ann Hoggarth announced that the province’s Rural Economic Development (RED) program is granting $304,625 to Flying Monkeys to assist with expansion projects.
Taken in combination with the previous announcements, this month has seen the Government invest more than $1,130,000 from three different funding programs into five Ontario craft breweries.
- Greg C. is drinking a Collective Project: IPA No. 8 by Collective Arts Brewing at King & DufferinI honestly can’t add much to what the commercial description already tells you, except to say that it’s excellent.
- Greg C. is drinking a Brett Peach by Burdock at King & Dufferin2+ years old but still lively & effervescent. Brett notes have a mild funk that mingles nicely with the peach that remains. A nice treat!
- Greg C. is drinking an Ebb & Flow by Muskoka Brewery at King & DufferinIt has a nice tart citrus character - notably lime - and is clean & refreshing on the palate. The finish is a bit wan & watery, though.
- Greg C. is drinking a Hazy Little Thing by Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. at King & DufferinRight on the mark for the style - hazy appearance, soft on the palate, aroma & flavour of tropical fruit & sweet citrus. Quite nice.
- Greg C. is drinking a Toute Est Dans Toute by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinNot the most complex or experimental beer either of the breweries have made, but a nice rustic saison with a slightly fruity funkiness.