Flying Monkeys Receives Ontario Government Funding for Expansion
On December 17, 2014 At 12:00 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Braumeister Brewing Releasing Pair of Spring SeasonalsApril 22, 2019
- Canadian Beer Festivals – April 19th to 25th, 2019April 18, 2019
- The Six Brewhouse Releases First Beers from New Brewer Chris TowerApril 18, 2019
- Left Field Brewery Releases Squeeze Play Strawberry Guava SourApril 18, 2019
- Grain & Grit Beer Co. Announces New Releases in Reserve and Pilot SeriesApril 18, 2019
BARRIE, ON – Following quickly on recently announced funding packages for several other breweries in the province, Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has become the latest recipient of financial support from the Government of Ontario.
At a press event held today at the Barrie brewery, MPP Ann Hoggarth announced that the province’s Rural Economic Development (RED) program is granting $304,625 to Flying Monkeys to assist with expansion projects.
Taken in combination with the previous announcements, this month has seen the Government invest more than $1,130,000 from three different funding programs into five Ontario craft breweries.
- Greg C. is drinking a Too Wound Down by Bell City Brewing Company at King & DufferinI question the Session IPA classification given the fairly low IBU, but this is still a more than acceptable pale ale.
- Greg C. is drinking a RoboHop Imperial IPA by Great Lakes BreweryA modern classic of the IIPA style, at least in Ontario. Strong malt base supporting a blast of citrus, pine & tropical fruit hops.
- Greg C. is drinking a CAMP-OUT PILS Unfiltered by Muskoka Brewery at King & DufferinThe Motueka hops are similar enough to Saaz to fit this excellent Pils, but also have a citrus zest character that adds a unique edge.
- Greg C. is drinking a Trappist Ale by Spencer Brewery at King & DufferinStrong fruit preserve notes - esp. pineapple & peach - that lean a bit sweeter than my preference, but still improved from early days.
- Greg C. is drinking a Streetcar Delay IPA by The Six Brewing Co. at King & DufferinFirst batch from new brewer Chris Tower still has the good balance of earlier versions, but with more oomph and bounce to the hops. Great!