Flying Monkeys Receives Ontario Government Funding for Expansion
On December 17, 2014 At 12:00 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- The Second Wedge Brewing & Society of Beer Drinking Ladies Bring Back Sweater Weather Dark SaisonNovember 20, 2018
- Province Brands and Lost Craft Beer Announce Production Partnership for Cannabis BeersNovember 20, 2018
- Left Field Brewery Blackburne Imperial Stout Returning This WeekNovember 20, 2018
- Sleeman Brewing Releases Historic Sparkling Ale for 30th AnniversaryNovember 19, 2018
- Waterloo Brewing Announces $9.6-Million Expansion ProjectNovember 19, 2018
BARRIE, ON – Following quickly on recently announced funding packages for several other breweries in the province, Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has become the latest recipient of financial support from the Government of Ontario.
At a press event held today at the Barrie brewery, MPP Ann Hoggarth announced that the province’s Rural Economic Development (RED) program is granting $304,625 to Flying Monkeys to assist with expansion projects.
Taken in combination with the previous announcements, this month has seen the Government invest more than $1,130,000 from three different funding programs into five Ontario craft breweries.
- Greg C. is drinking a HYGGE (2017) by Sawdust City Brewing Co. at King & DufferinOne year old. Creamy medium body, well-integrated coffee, along with notes of dark malt, vanilla & toasted hazelnut. Lovely stuff.
- Greg C. is drinking a Bine Hunter (Comet) (2018) by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinNice notes from the Comet hops - grapefruit, lime leaf, cut grass - but the beer feels thin and doesn’t have a lot going on otherwise.
- Greg C. is drinking a Wizard of Gose - Starfruit by Bandit Brewery at Bandit BreweryPurists may sniff as it’s not completely on style, even without the fruit. But it’s a fine tart beer with tasty starfruit & a hint of salt.
- Greg C. is drinking a 25e Anniversaire by Unibroue at King & Dufferin1+ year old. Apparently the cherries on the label weren’t obvious enough for me to realize this would be cherry flavoured. Well done though.
- Greg C. is drinking a Saison Dupont by Brasserie Dupont at King & DufferinIt’s Saison Dupont. What more do I need to say? #desertislandbeer