Flying Monkeys/Barenaked Ladies Collaborative Beer To Debut Next Week
On November 23, 2012 At 10:30 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Bandit Brewery Releases Metamorphoses Imperial Rye AleNovember 17, 2017
- Dominion City Releases Three New Cans This WeekNovember 17, 2017
- Burdock Announces Release Details for ERO II Barrel-Aged Saison BlendNovember 17, 2017
- Sawdust City Releases Strawberry Milkshake IPA & Adaptation Idaho 7November 17, 2017
- Forked River Releases Monsieur Ananas Pineapple Kettle SourNovember 17, 2017
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has announced full details of the brew recently created in collaboration with members of iconic Canadian band Barenaked Ladies, who will be on hand for next week’s official launch party.
Originally planned to be called BNL Strong Beer, the beer is now being released as BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout, a name that better matches its description of being a 10% abv stout made with lots of chocolate.
To mark the release of BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout, band members Jim Creeggan, Kevin Hearn, and Tyler Stewart along with Flying Monkeys founder Peter Chiodo will be appearing Summerhill LCBO in Toronto from 1:30 to 3:30 PM on Wednesday November 28th. The band will be there to meet and chat with fans, and to sign bottles of BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout, which is being released in a limited edition run of 750 ml bottles each packaged in a gift box.
Following the launch, BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout will be rolled out to various LCBO outlets throughout Ontario, as well as liquor stores in several other provinces, corresponding with the “Symphony Barenaked” tour which kicks off in Vancouver on November 30th, and will see the band playing shows from coast to coast with local symphony orchestras, performing holiday songs and BNL favourites.
- Greg C. is drinking a Juicy Ass by Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery at King & DufferinIt’s oddly refreshing to see a brightly filtered IPA nowadays. Especially when it’s as tasty & well bittered as this one. Great stuff.
- Greg C. is drinking an Event Horizon by Halo Brewery at King & DufferinAbsolutely love the combo of roasty, chocolatey stout & the vanilla, marshmallow & root beer notes from the sarsparilla.
- Greg C. is drinking a Dark & Sticky India Brown Ale by Cameron's Brewing Company at King & Dufferin
- Greg C. is drinking a 11.05 Imperial Sour With Soursop (2017) by Nickel Brook Brewing Co.This is goddamn delicious. Probably helps that I love soursop. Boozy but balanced. Nice job, Sam & Ryan. 👏🏻 [NB tap takeover]
- Greg C. is drinking a Redshift by Nickel Brook Brewing Co. at The Craft - Brasserie & GrilleDark sours are iffy for me. This one works. Great balance of dark malt & tart cherry, pleasant acidic finish. [NB tap takeover]