Flying Monkeys/Barenaked Ladies Collaborative Beer To Debut Next Week
On November 23, 2012 At 10:30 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Black Swan Brewing Celebrating Grand Re-Opening This WeekendNovember 16, 2018
- The Growler Ontario Winter 2018 Issue Now AvailableNovember 16, 2018
- Forked River Brewing Announces Preview Tasting Event for Flanders Red AleNovember 16, 2018
- Five Guelph Breweries Launch Guelph.Beer PartnershipNovember 16, 2018
- Kichesippi Beer Continues Kich Staff Picks Series with Tahkah DunkelweizenNovember 16, 2018
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has announced full details of the brew recently created in collaboration with members of iconic Canadian band Barenaked Ladies, who will be on hand for next week’s official launch party.
Originally planned to be called BNL Strong Beer, the beer is now being released as BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout, a name that better matches its description of being a 10% abv stout made with lots of chocolate.
To mark the release of BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout, band members Jim Creeggan, Kevin Hearn, and Tyler Stewart along with Flying Monkeys founder Peter Chiodo will be appearing Summerhill LCBO in Toronto from 1:30 to 3:30 PM on Wednesday November 28th. The band will be there to meet and chat with fans, and to sign bottles of BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout, which is being released in a limited edition run of 750 ml bottles each packaged in a gift box.
Following the launch, BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout will be rolled out to various LCBO outlets throughout Ontario, as well as liquor stores in several other provinces, corresponding with the “Symphony Barenaked” tour which kicks off in Vancouver on November 30th, and will see the band playing shows from coast to coast with local symphony orchestras, performing holiday songs and BNL favourites.
- Greg C. is drinking a Wizard of Gose - Starfruit by Bandit Brewery at Bandit BreweryPurists may sniff as it’s not completely on style, even without the fruit. But it’s a fine tart beer with tasty starfruit & a hint of salt.
- Greg C. is drinking a 25e Anniversaire by Unibroue at King & Dufferin1+ year old. Apparently the cherries on the label weren’t obvious enough for me to realize this would be cherry flavoured. Well done though.
- Greg C. is drinking a Saison Dupont by Brasserie Dupont at King & DufferinIt’s Saison Dupont. What more do I need to say? #desertislandbeer
- Greg C. is drinking a When In Rome by Bar Hop at Bar Hop BrewcoFruit-flavoured stouts aren’t usually my kinda thing, but this is a good one. Berry flavours are very natural & work well with the beer.
- Greg C. is drinking a Steadfast by Tooth And Nail Brewing Company at Bar Hop BrewcoTicks all the boxes - dry roast malt, cocoa, hints of coffee & toasted nuts, bit of twiggy bitterness. A spot-on porter!