Flying Monkeys/Barenaked Ladies Collaborative Beer To Debut Next Week
On November 23, 2012 At 10:30 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Bellwoods Releases Four Winds Collaboration & New Edition of RunesJuly 21, 2017
- Canadian Beer Festivals – July 21st to 27th, 2017July 20, 2017
- Les 3 Brasseurs Framboisière/The 3 Brewers Raspberry Ale ReturnsJuly 20, 2017
- NOW Magazine Beer Issue 2017 Now AvailableJuly 20, 2017
- Stray Dog Brewing Opening in Ottawa This FridayJuly 19, 2017
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has announced full details of the brew recently created in collaboration with members of iconic Canadian band Barenaked Ladies, who will be on hand for next week’s official launch party.
Originally planned to be called BNL Strong Beer, the beer is now being released as BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout, a name that better matches its description of being a 10% abv stout made with lots of chocolate.
To mark the release of BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout, band members Jim Creeggan, Kevin Hearn, and Tyler Stewart along with Flying Monkeys founder Peter Chiodo will be appearing Summerhill LCBO in Toronto from 1:30 to 3:30 PM on Wednesday November 28th. The band will be there to meet and chat with fans, and to sign bottles of BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout, which is being released in a limited edition run of 750 ml bottles each packaged in a gift box.
Following the launch, BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout will be rolled out to various LCBO outlets throughout Ontario, as well as liquor stores in several other provinces, corresponding with the “Symphony Barenaked” tour which kicks off in Vancouver on November 30th, and will see the band playing shows from coast to coast with local symphony orchestras, performing holiday songs and BNL favourites.
- Greg C. is drinking an O.D.B. Vintage 2016 by Sawdust City Brewing Co. at King & DufferinFruit (pineapple, overripe apple, papaya), mild funk, hint of wood & tannin. Remarkably smooth given the high abv.
- Greg C. is drinking a Jelly King by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinAn especially fragrant bottle - very fresh, I think - bringing to mind a Christmas tree covered in juicy lemons and tart oranges. Yum!
- Greg C. is drinking an Inamorata by Folly Brewpub at King & Dufferin10 months old but still in good nick. Nice and tart, peach & gooseberry, slightly funky, all backed by sour woody character. Nice treat.
- Greg C. is drinking a Wild Brett by Rainhard Brewing at King & DufferinSlightly tart with well integrated wood & wine, and Brett notes that are right in that sweet spot between fruity & funky. Wish I had more!
- Greg C. is drinking a Passionfruit Day Game by Left Field Brewery at Bar HopBig bitter hit off the top - more than I'd like - but quickly levels out to a great balance of tart passionfruit and juicy hops. Lovely.