Flying Monkeys/Barenaked Ladies Collaborative Beer To Debut Next Week
On November 23, 2012 At 10:30 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Wellington Brewery Announces Queen of Craft 2018 Event SeriesJanuary 18, 2018
- Concession Road Brewing Opening Next Month in Ontario’s Haldimand CountyJanuary 17, 2018
- Henderson Brewing Continues Monthly Ides Series with Toro PilsnerJanuary 16, 2018
- Bellwoods Brewery Releasing Barn Owl No. 11 This WeekendJanuary 16, 2018
- Bandit Brewery Releases Mamba Imperial StoutJanuary 15, 2018
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has announced full details of the brew recently created in collaboration with members of iconic Canadian band Barenaked Ladies, who will be on hand for next week’s official launch party.
Originally planned to be called BNL Strong Beer, the beer is now being released as BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout, a name that better matches its description of being a 10% abv stout made with lots of chocolate.
To mark the release of BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout, band members Jim Creeggan, Kevin Hearn, and Tyler Stewart along with Flying Monkeys founder Peter Chiodo will be appearing Summerhill LCBO in Toronto from 1:30 to 3:30 PM on Wednesday November 28th. The band will be there to meet and chat with fans, and to sign bottles of BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout, which is being released in a limited edition run of 750 ml bottles each packaged in a gift box.
Following the launch, BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout will be rolled out to various LCBO outlets throughout Ontario, as well as liquor stores in several other provinces, corresponding with the “Symphony Barenaked” tour which kicks off in Vancouver on November 30th, and will see the band playing shows from coast to coast with local symphony orchestras, performing holiday songs and BNL favourites.
- Greg C. is drinking a 11.05 Tripel (2016) by Sawdust City Brewing Co. at King & DufferinSurprisingly bright & fruity for its age, with lots of pineapple character. Funk is there, but mild and secondary. Really lovely!
- Greg C. is drinking a Harvest Brett Farmhouse Ale by Rainhard Brewing at King & DufferinBeautifully nuanced Brett character, more fruity than funky, but with a slightly medicinal backnote that adds some complexity. Underrated.
- Greg C. is drinking an Operation Snowplow (Ides of December 2016) by Henderson Brewing Co at King & DufferinNice notes of vanilla, cherry, licorice & mild warming spice in the finish. Held up very well to an unintentional year of aging.
- Greg C. is drinking a Lone Prime Original IPA by Sawdust City Brewing Co. at King & DufferinCrystal malt gives it a telltale barley tea sweetness & dark amber body, but there are plenty of bittering hops to balance. Nice throwback!
- Greg C. is drinking a 3 Rocks IPA by The Second Wedge Brewing Co. at King & DufferinQuite malty & well-filtered - atypical of IPA trends - but certainly not lacking in bitterness (citrus & pine), body, or depth of flavour.