Flying Monkeys/Barenaked Ladies Collaborative Beer To Debut Next Week
On November 23, 2012 At 10:30 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Rainhard Brewing Announces Early Autumn ReleasesSeptember 20, 2017
- Northern Maverick Brewing Now Open in Downtown TorontoSeptember 20, 2017
- Lake of Bays Brewing Opening Huntsville Brewhouse in 2018September 20, 2017
- Sawdust City Adaptation: Mosaic Now AvailableSeptember 19, 2017
- Bell City Announces Double Beer Release for This WeekSeptember 18, 2017
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has announced full details of the brew recently created in collaboration with members of iconic Canadian band Barenaked Ladies, who will be on hand for next week’s official launch party.
Originally planned to be called BNL Strong Beer, the beer is now being released as BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout, a name that better matches its description of being a 10% abv stout made with lots of chocolate.
To mark the release of BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout, band members Jim Creeggan, Kevin Hearn, and Tyler Stewart along with Flying Monkeys founder Peter Chiodo will be appearing Summerhill LCBO in Toronto from 1:30 to 3:30 PM on Wednesday November 28th. The band will be there to meet and chat with fans, and to sign bottles of BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout, which is being released in a limited edition run of 750 ml bottles each packaged in a gift box.
Following the launch, BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout will be rolled out to various LCBO outlets throughout Ontario, as well as liquor stores in several other provinces, corresponding with the “Symphony Barenaked” tour which kicks off in Vancouver on November 30th, and will see the band playing shows from coast to coast with local symphony orchestras, performing holiday songs and BNL favourites.
- Greg C. is drinking an IPA W/ Columbus & Simcoe by Burdock at King & DufferinVery juicy and aromatic - pineapple, mandarin, kumquat, bit of muscat grape - with a balanced bitterness. Hides the abv very well.
- Greg C. is drinking an Adaptation : Mosaic by Sawdust City Brewing Co. at King & DufferinAn interesting experiment. The dry hop adds complexity to a simple style, but also a touch of harshness in the finish. Still enjoyed it tho.
- Greg C. is drinking a Wild North: Piña Grande by Lake of Bays Brewing Company at King & DufferinA simple and clean golden ale with hints of lemon and pineapple. Decent enough summer refresher.
- Greg C. is drinking a LAGERSHED Original by Shawn & Ed Brewing Co. at King & DufferinI've previously found this beer to be quite sweet, but that's now kept in check with some sharp herbal hops and a rather dry & crisp finish.
- Greg C. is drinking a Karma Citra IPA (Single Hop) by Great Lakes Brewery at Allen'sAlways a pleasure when this beauty comes back in the GLB IPA rotation.