SANTA ROSA, CA – Celebrated beer website RateBeer has announced the winners of the 2011 edition of RateBeer Best, an annual review of highest rated beers, breweries and beer bars/restaurants on the site. And while the lists are dominated by American and European brews, brewers and places, there is a bit of Canadian content to report:
- In the overall Best Beers 2011, Montreal’s Dieu du Ciel! came in at #51 with Péché Mortel, and #89 with Aphrodisiaque.
- Dieu du Ciel! also made it to the Best Brewers In The World 2011 at #13, with Microbrasserie Charlevoix at #70 and Unibroue at #73 being the only other Canadian breweries in the top 100.
- On the Best Beer Bars 2011 list, Toronto’s barVolo is the lone Canadian entry at #25.
- Toronto’s beerbistro is a well-deserved #14 on the Best Beer Restaurants 2011 list.
- Best Brewpubs 2011 includes a quartet from Quebec: Dieu du Ciel! at #4; Bedondaine et Bedons Ronds at #14; Le Trou du Diable at #15; and Les Brasseurs du Temps at #46.
- The unique Best Breweries To Visit 2011 list has Cambridge, Ontario’s Grand River Brewing at #19, Hopfenstark Brewery in L’Assomption, Quebec at #41; Dieu du Ciel! just squeezing in at #49.
- And last but not least, the Best Beers of Canada 2011 is very Quebec-heavy, with only one non-Quebec beer – Black Oak Ten Bitter Years – cracking the top 10.
3 thoughts on “RateBeer Best 2011 Includes Some CanCon”
Unibroue(though owned by Sapporo)is at #73 in the ‘Best Brewers…’ category.
Darrell – thanks for the tip, not sure how I missed it! I’ll edit the post.
Just finished an article on my visit to Dieu du Ciel in MTL about 1.5wks ago…so happy for them!
Comments are closed.